Though the popularity of PVC materials has increased in recent years, timber windows are still an excellent choice for many buildings. Wood provides a natural and efficient barrier from the wind and the cold, and it has been engineered into windows and doors for centuries. When combined with modern design elements, like double or triple glazing, timber windows can prove greatly effective against the elements. In general, people choose PVC because it does not rot like wood, it is an inexpensive option, and it does not need any painting. These are great benefits, but timber is also an efficient building material. If you are looking for the best windows in Ireland, call on the experts. To help with your decision, here are five reasons to use timber windows:
• In terms of quality, durability and design, many improvements have been made in the past decade. Modern windows have minimal water retention and micro-porous paints that allow wood to breathe, offering lower maintenance.
• Wood can be more easily repaired, refreshed and maintained without any special components, skills, or equipment.
• Unlike PVC, factory finished timber windows and doors can be made to the exact shade of colour you need to perfectly compliment your property.
• With frames that are fully protected from water and UV light, modern timber windows can offer rot free guarantees for up to 30 years.
• Timber is an environmentally friendly material, as well as being thermally efficient, attractive, and low maintenance. Fully treated timber windows can have a lifespan expectancy of up to 35 years, 10 years longer than the average lifespan of PVC.